Glen Draper

  • Subject: Glen Draper
  • From: "Bill Meyer" njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:14:19 -0500

Hi Everyone,
      The following E-mail comes from Jim Wilkins this morning. Please copy to
other hosta lists you may be on.

Dear Friends:

I just spoke with Allan Tower.  He got my E-mail and talked with Glen's
daughter Emily.  Glen was killed in the auto accident.  Craig Stevens was with
Glen and was not hospitalized.  Joan was also in the car and is expected to be
released today.  No details on arrangements, etc.

Alan called having himself just gotten home from having is gall bladder
removed.  He is doing well.  He has lost a ton of weight, on purpose, since
the convention.  He and Kevin will have to have special nametags so we will
recognize them.

Like many of you, Sandy and I feel blessed to have known Glen.  We all have
lost a special friend.  My last memories of Glen will be at the Spokane
Convention.  That memory will be kept fresh every time I see his "convention
plant: 'Northern Textures'.

Sincerely,

Jim Wilkins