Re: Soapboxes

Something must be wrong here. Am I looking at the wrong site? I just don't see anything in the site I'm looking at that is misleading or confusing in the slightest.

I'm seeing a page that says Welcome to Frida's Hosta.com.... Order now...lower prices for spring.

Is that the site we're talking about? If so, what is confusing? I'm totally stumped.

Chick

Jaspersail@aol.com wrote:

Bill,
You're right -- there is some design similarity between the hosta.com and AHS sites. That does seem kind of sleazy. And in the absence of another explanation, one could only conclude that it was done to deceive. However, the domain name really doesn't hold any deception if taken separately from the site design.

Awhile back, Chick pointed out that a new nursery had opened with the name "Bridgewater Gardens." He didn't seem overly concerned, but might have been if their Website mimicked Bridgewood Gardens' site. That would be an attempt to deceive.

My Hosta Website PET PEEVE? Sites that DON'T include links at the BOTTOM of long scroll-down lists. How inconsiderate is that? You have your customers scroll down through a long list of hostas on a page, then make them scroll all the way back up to get to your next page? Sheesh! Don't you WANT them to go to the next page??? All those same links at the top could be mirrored on the bottom of each alphabetic list. It's not rocket science. OK, rant over...

--John