Re: My Soap Box - Danger Will Robinson

 Third grade debating again.  But again for the sake of argument, why
aren't you criticising the AHS for using a name so close to those already
in use?  It wasn't the only name they could use and anyone that is
selling hostas and didn't jump on hosta.com or hostas.com if they had the
chance would simply not be very bright.  The only reason I don't have
those domains is that I wasn't smart enought to think of it first.

And to answer your question, the first thing that you would have done
wrong would have been to decide to open a nursery business.  Proof
positive that you don't have a lick of sense.

Chick

Bill Meyer wrote:

  OK Chick,
            Just for the sake of argument:

  Let's say I decide that I've learned so much from listening to your advice
  on having a nursery business that I decide to open one myself. Seeing how
  smart and successful you've been with yours, I decide to get off on the
  right foot by making it look a lot like yours. I decide on the name
  Bridgewool Gardens and get the domain   www.bridgewoolgardens.com   (which is
  probably available) and put up my website there and it looks something like
  this --   http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/Bridgewool.htm    -- Would I
  have done anything wrong? If so what?

                                    .......Bill

    OK, I looked at that one to, and I'm still not confused.  They're both
    use a standard Front Page backround that is the closest thing that Front
    Page has to a hosta leaf. So what.  It just proves that neither site put
    much effort into design.  Not a crime.  I didn't either.

    Chick

    Jaspersail@aol.com     wrote:

      Chick,

      Bill was referring to the AAA Ornamentals site (hostas.com), not Frida's

  site

      (hosta.com).

      --John