Re: Hoof in Mouth Disease

 As I replied to you privately and explained, the left margin is only
blank on the home page and site index.  If you actually looked at the
site you would find that we have links in the left margin on all but
those two pages.  The yellow area is purposely not centered because we
wanted to control the width of that part of the page regardless of the
size of the monitor being used. The only way I know how to do that is to
specify the size of the cell and specify the placement of the cell so
that it isn't sized to fit the monitor being used.  That's why it's not
centered and why there is a right hand green margin that is blank on
every page.  If you have a 17" monitor, you see both margins, on a
smaller screen, you may not see the right margin, but there is nothing
there anyway, but on any size screen, the yellow area is the size we want
it to be, rather than expanding or contracting with the size of the
screen.

Now, I do get the impression from your message to me that you can't see
all of the yellow area on your screen. Maybe we have to make it even
smaller to show up on those tiny little monitors.  Sorry, didn't know
anyone used them anymore.

I do know how to center a screen if I want to, but thanks for the help
anyway.

Chick

Bill Meyer wrote:

  Hi Chick,
          We have virtually no idea whatsoever what we're doing with the First
  Look website. We just got Frontpage and started trying to figure it out. How
  fast they load pretty much just has to do with how big they are and we have
  mostly big pictures, so we ended up with a slow site. Of course your having
  that ancient computer with the squirrel on the treadwheel generator has
  something to do with it how long it takes you to load the pages.
          Speaking of poor web-building, why is your homepage off to the right
  side with all that empty space on the left? You're at least as bad as we are
  at it.

  ......Bill

    Now if we want to get back into the subject of poor web page design,
    maybe we should revisit our discussion on pages that take 20 minutes to
    load on the First Look site.

    Chick.