Re: Hoof in Mouth Disease

 OK, this is really hard.  Bill and I are carrying on two different
conversations at the same time.  One in private, where we're trying to
figure out what we're talking about and one in public, where we're just
trying to insult each other.

What I'm finding out is that our site is not showing up on 800x600
monitors the way it was designed.  Since I don't use that setting, I
wasn't aware that the size of the yellow area had crept up to where it
extends slightly off the page.  It wasn't supposed to, but the Front Page
program sometimes takes it upon itself to change settings on your site
whether you want them changed or not.  At least that's my story.  I'll
fix it shortly.

Anyway, this doesn't have anything to do with hostas, or the original
slanders of innocent web site operators.  I will just say that if you are
tempted to learn web page design, don't do it with Front Page if you can
help it.  Front Page is by far the easiest program to learn, but it is so
unpredictable that it will drive you nuts in the long run.  I don't have
time to start over, but if I was starting anew, I would look at GoLive or
one of the others instead.

Chick

Bill Meyer wrote:

  Hi Barbara,
          It depends on what your resolution is set to. Most web pages are
  designed for 800x600 like the   www.cnn.com   page. Not that I have any idea
  what I'm talking about, but the recommended standard for site building is
  800x600. My guess is that you're using 1024x768 resolution. The pale yellow
  area is centered with equal amounts of green in that.
                                           .....Bill

    <<<Speaking of poor web-building, why is your homepage off to the right
    side with all that empty space on the left? You're at least as bad as we

  are

    at it.

    Sorry Bill,
    I just took a look, and its centered here!?  You do mean
    www.bridgewoodgardens.com     right?
    (sorry, I'm bored, and you 2 are my entertainment!)

    Smile,
    Barbara
    township@acbm.qc.ca