Re: A Hosta Plea

  • Subject: Re: A Hosta Plea
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:02:28 -0500

Hi Ran!

I'm under a foot of snow (and I bet you have even more!) so I've no idea what might jump in my car in July, wanting to join the First Look competition.

I should tell you, though, that the plant that I donated to the AHS auction recently, H. 'Terpsichore' only got there because of what you thought of it. You probably don't remember, but you had brought your plants in for photographing, and you saw that one of mine and said "Wow!" (I think you made me blush!). So, I was hardly brave enough to donate one of my hybrids, but going through photos, I remembered that, and thought, well, Ran liked it, so that certainly says something. Lo and behold, it fetched the AHS $450.

So the AHS, and I, thank you kindly.

I encourage everyone to come to First Look! It's absolutely tremendous. I can't wait!