Re: A Hosta Plea - Dan's lament

  • Subject: Re: A Hosta Plea - Dan's lament
  • From: "Dan & Lu Nelson" <Hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:47:39 -0800

Hello Bill,

I talked to our good friend Jim Hawes on Saturday. He's spending the winter
on Backbone mountain instead of his usual trip to Flordia. His health is not
the best and as you probably know his wifes' is not the best either. He was
telling me about his furnace being down for the past two weeks and I said "I
guess you kind of adapt". Jim said "We aren't adapting.......we're
suffering". He said at least they had the supplemental wood boiler for a
little heat to keep the pipes from freezing. It dips below zero most nights
at his 3,500 elevation.

Please remember Jim in your prayers.

Dan and Lu
Auburn GA