Re: Political Follicles (and hostas too)

  • Subject: Re: Political Follicles (and hostas too)
  • From: "Andrew Lietzow" <alietzow@myfamily.com>
  • Date: 4 Feb 2004 16:14:28 -0700

Hi, Bill,

Guess I'm still living in the 19th century, or just a little too hung up on what I once thought was proper use of the King's English.  Seems the use of the term is confused by the fact that we are a "democracy".    It's a subtle nuance but I suppose if the Democractic National Committee uses "Democratic" in their name, it ought to pass muster for me, as well, eh?

I stand corrected that using "Democratic" is incorrect, as in "Democratic Party", but it is interesting to note that one may also use "Democrat Party".   Not true with "Republican Party" and "Republic Party".

See http://www.pandagon.net/archives/00001966.htm which shows Bill's point with additional, linguistic finesse.

Get your own family web site at www.MyFamily.com!