Re: Hosta Party Candidates

  • Subject: Re: Hosta Party Candidates
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:47:19 -0500

Yeah, but that isn't fair, because Lu has TONS of hair!!!

-a.

On Thursday, February 5, 2004, at 10:05 PM, Diane wrote:

For women candidates, I'd like to nominate both Carol Brashear, and Lu Nelson. They both have proven abilities to lead, and have shown liberal tendencies. They will both liberally deliver liberal amounts of hostas to the masses! Not just a hosta in every home, but 50 hostas in every home! Hurray!!!

Diane Frederick
(who'd love a job as campaign manager)

Bill Meyer wrote:

Hi Everyone,
We now have two solid nominations for the Hosta Party candidate in
this year's election. Chick Wasitis and Bob Solberg have been nominated. We
also have nominations for "a woman", but it would be necessary for someone to
be a little more specific there. After all, an entire gender can't run for
President, can they?
Once we have all the nominations in, I have been authorised to tell
you that First Look has won the bid for the Hosta Party National Convention.
We will one-up the government this year by having the world's first
internet-voted primary! Once all the nominations are in, we will set up a
voting page at the site so all of you can choose our candidate. The last day
for voting will be Wednesday, Feb. 11th, a day we are calling Super Wednesday!
By the end of the day, we will all know who our candidate will be!
So, get your nominations in and we'll get busy setting up our voting
booth. No tax dollars were spent for this announcement.
.........Bill Meyer