Re: [hostapix] The Hosta Party Primary Election

  • Subject: Re: [hostapix] The Hosta Party Primary Election
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 06:44:58 -0500

Well, It seems I'm really good at vying for the trailing candidate this
year. Go Bob!

I think we need a caucus, or some other forum to speak out for why our
candidate should be the winner.

Come on, folks, be reasonable here. Do you really want a nursery owner
to win? Someone who is exclusively in this to make a profit? Talk about
special interests!

Bob Solberg has a nursery, sure, but he has to do something with all of
those plants he has leftover from his breeding programs; those breeding
programs that have brought you all such garden-altering plants such as
Korean Snow and Guacamole. Bob has repeatedly gone above and beyond,
bringing new and outstanding hostas to your gardens, not just to YOUR
benefit, but also to raise awareness of the genus by passers-by who see
and want to know what that plant is.

He lives out of a truck throughout the growing season, traveling far
and wide to speak at and attend all kinds of events to further the
Genus Hosta, going without sleep, surviving on drive-through food, and
let's not forget his wife! Who wouldn't want the kind and gracious
Nancy as their first lady???

Let's all not forget the beard folks.

GET OUT THE VOTE! GO BOB! He's the Real Deal.

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 11:26 PM, Bill Meyer wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>         The Voting Booth is now open for the Hosta Party Primary
> Election! We now have five nominations in and the nominating phase is
> closed. Surely one of these five fine candidates will be worthy of
> your support and will make a strong challenger to the candidates from
> the more established parties. The time has come to make your voice
> heard. Let's elect someone to put hostas right in the national
> spotlight!
>         First Look is proud to host the very first Hosta Party
> National Convention, which can now be found at the First Look site
> (link below). It's not the great big whoop-de-doo that the other
> parties have, but it will serve to get us a candidate.
>         Please remember that only living US human citizens may vote
> for a candidate for US office. And unlike Chicago, only one vote per
> citizen is permitted. The results will be delayed by our fantastic new
> voting software that will check to see if each vote is a valid one,
> but should show up within an hour or two of the vote being cast. All
> voting must be accomplished before 9:00PM EST on Wednesday February
> 11th. That day will be called Super Wednesday (Super Tuesday was
> taken).
>         That's all for now. Good luck to our nominees and may the
> best hosta representative for the job win!
>                                              ............Bill Meyer,
> Hosta Party Election Worker
> No tax dollars were spent to provide this message.
> http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/Index.htm

<image.tiff>