Re: I protest ( as usual)

  • Subject: Re: I protest ( as usual)
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:59:10 -0500

Hi Ben,
       Not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm afraid that only US
citizens are allowed to vote for candidates for US office. I find it hard to
believe that there is any country who does things differently. Certainly in
Dutch elections US citizens don't get to vote, do we?
       The Hosta Party election was hosted by Region One of the AHS, and we
currently do not charge anyone to be a member. Of course we don't really
give members anything either, so it kind of works out. We do have a meeting
called First Look every year. Everyone is welcome to that, and everyone pays
the same price to get in. Heck, we'd make that free too if we could get the
hotels to give us free food and rooms and such. We asked, but they just
wouldn't go for that one. Barbarians, the lot of them.
       I can say that Region One does NOT consider any foreigners to be
barbarians, even if they come from countries where hostas can't be grown.
Except for some Canadians. And those people that live in jungles and
practice cannibalism. That doesn't mean the Germans, but the German
cannibals are definitely barbarians too. Hope there aren't too many of them,
or we may all be in trouble. If any cannibals are reading this, German or
otherwise, I want to say that I'm sure I wouldn't taste very good. Daylily
people definitely taste better. There may be some other people that we think
are barbarians too, now I think about it. I'll have to get back to you on
that one.
      Carol Brashear is the Director of Region One, and anything official on
who is a barbarian and who isn't would have to come from her, but she has to
cook up some kind of statement to make it look like she wasn't really
conspiring with people from the Daylily Party. She will probably want to
check with the Barbarian Rights Group to make sure the Region One policies
are not offensive to them.
                                                        ........Bill Meyer