Hosta Flag

  • Subject: Hosta Flag
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:39:43 -0500

Greetings All:

 Surely the prestige of being involved in hostadom demands that we have a
Hosta Flag. While not quite a country yet, we cover most of the country.
There must be some Betsy Ross out there who can give us an original flag
for the AHS.  Maybe the AHS can run a contest for a Hosta Flag design It
could be a contest for THJ. Perhaps with a logo like HOSTAS UBER ALLES.
I'll bet Clyde Crocket would like that one. Just an idea on a bitterly cold
day in Vermont. glen

PS I can picture ten thousand small hosta flags flying in our gardens all
over America. I picture parades of hosta folks with giant hosta flags. I
picture a hosta flag flying over the White House. Of course I pictured John
Kerry winning too. I also pictured a red-leafed hosta long before now. And
world peace....and garden visitors who never pulled out the hosta tags to
identify them. Or if they did, they would always put them back in the right
place. I now have a daylily that is marked as H. 'Sum and Substance'..could
this be possible?

The face is the index of the mind. Anonymous Latin saying

Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
05156