  • Subject: FIRST LOOK AUCTION 2007
  • From: "cbctplant" <cbctplant@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:02:55 -0500

Dear Friends,

It's that time again. The annual FIRST LOOK auction will begin posting auction
items this Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007!  This will be number 7!!! We can hardly
believe it.

Last year's auction netted a whopping $8,737.00!  Last year all of that money
was earmarked for the AHS HVX research fund and after much work by Cynthia
Wilhoite, VP Genus Hosta, we will be writing a check and adding our support to
that effort. Thank you to all who donated plants and who bid in last year's

This year's auction will be something special! It has been more than 5 years
since we have raised money for everyone's most visited hosta resource, The
Hosta Library. So this year we will be splitting the funds raised by this
year's auction with The Hosta Library.

If anyone would like to donate plants to the FL Online Auction, here is how to
do so...
Think about what breeder or one of a kind plants you might have that will
generate great interest and send a description along with your best quality
photo of it to: cbctplant@yahoo.com or njhosta@comcast.net .

On Hostapix we have been discussing what Brian and Virginia have called the
"Friendship" class of plants. These are plants that you like in your garden
but are too slow to mature or would never be chosen for commercial sales. If
you have anything like that you feel would bring some spirited bidding and
have a photo and a name for it, that would be a good auction item that you
could donate, please drop us a line.

The First Look auction is a great place to showcase new varieties to which the
FoOSF gang will attest. And it is also a great place to have fun bidding on
special items and contributing to the Hosta Library.

If you like to have fun, have a special plant you want to showcase, have a
Friendship Class Hosta that you would like to donate, or if you have a plant
that is rarely seen anywhere that you could donate a division of...then please
Email a photo and description of your donations to: cbctplant@yahoo.com or
njhosta@comcast.net .

It's time to help support that Internet Institution we all hold dear.....The
Hosta Library, by having some fun at the First Look Online Auction. Again, the
proceeds from this year's auction will be split 50/50 between AHS Region One
First Look and The Hosta Library.
We will also have fun contests and prizes at this year's auction so visit
often and participate in the fun!

Spread the word, show your support  and let's get FIRED UP for Spring!!!!
Please  to copy this call for donation announcement to any other hosta robin
lists you feel would like to donate.

Your First Look auction elves,
Carol Brashear  cbctplant@yahoo.com
Bill Meyer  njhosta@comcast.net

PS... We hear that Dr. Lillian Wasitis has an important "hosta first"
announcement to make and you will hear it first via the Hosta News Network at
the First Look auction!! Watch for special announcements.