Re: Hormones

Professor Jimbo....
                         I hate to bring up that same old story, but I will i.e. the late Bob Savory, whom was fooling around with vitamins and as a result, the very rapid growing Golden Tiara came about.  Once again, I'd surely like to say, that it might be interesting indeed, if we could read the notes which Mr. Savory may have written down somewhere, related to his vitamin uses eh?
                         OK...I agree with you...Wizard of Awe's, re: hormones cannot be used to speed up hosta growth, so let's look at the hypothetical ideal growing conditions for hostas indoors.
GROWING MEDIUM: course vermiculite, only because it holds five times it's weight in water, provides good drainage and great root development.  Plus it's cheap to buy, of course.
LIGHT:  continuous flourescent lighting, providing about 1000 foot candles.  Mirrorized foil around all sides of growing chambers.
HUMIDITY: 100 percent, since all plants are incubated inside clear plastic domes.
FERTILIZER: FISH FORMULAS because they are non burning to roots & leaf sprayings.
                          In addition to the above, experimenting with hydroponic-like treatment of hosta-seedlings & young plants coming out of TC, has shown that these potted hostas can sit in water over extended periods, almost indefinately; and this, provides quite a fast rate of growth opposed to top watering.
                          Can't think of another thing to say, regarding the provision of optimal growing conditions for hostas indoors, so
TA TA
and thanks for your help with hormones.

novice Billy
:-B))