Re: Robin Advertising Policy

Joanne Pyszczek wrote:

> >I agree with Dan and Joanne, that , here only reason needs to
> >prevail.
> That's the general idea Ran.  We assume we're dealing with reasonable mature
> adults.  But also if someone has a plant that's
> hard to find, in demand or just so spectacular that it will knock everyone
> out they shouldn't be banned from telling the rest of us that they have it.

I agree with the policy. There are laws governing advertising in print
media, radio, TV, and other ways of advertising. There are specific
rules and laws governing advertising by or for a non-profit
organization. I think the AHS' policy on the e-mail robin is good.    I
think they are just trying to ensure the round-robins remains true to
the AHS' goals. And though the hosta-open is not affiliated with the
AHS, we all must agree (I hope) we don't want to see entire catalog
offerings posted.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland, zone 5