Re: Robin Advertising Policy

In a message dated 2/3/1999 3:37:17 PM Central Standard Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

<<  it seems
 to me that we might be getting upset over something that isn't happening. >>
*************
I do not advocate anyone sending their entire price lists to a listserve such
as Hosta-Open or the AHS Robin. But I see nothing wrong or illegal about a
grower or seller telling us about an offering and the price of a special
hosta, tool, nutrient, etc., he/she is selling.

 I agree with Chick's observation. But this leads me to wonder why the
Draconian policy of the AHS was instituted. If isn't happening, why preclude
everyone from telling us about a few NEW & DIFFERENT hostas that they are
selling, along with the price?

If this type of innocuous "advertizing" is banned on the AHS Robin, then I
should think that ANY advertizing should be banned in the AHS's The Hosta
Journal.

Clyde Crockett z5