Hosta-Open Advertising Policy and Golden Rule

Robins and Nursery Owners,

Having read a lot about Robin Advertising Policy lately I think the time is
right for a statement from the owners of Hosta-Open . (Nursery owners, read
my last two paragraphs)

I want to make a clear distinction between the Hosta-Open listserve and the
AHS listserve. Although these two hosta listserves share many members, the
rules of the AHS listserve do not apply to our Hosta-Open listserve.

Joanne Pyszczek and I are the owners of Hosta-Open. We are very reluctant to
set rules. Here is our "golden rule".  On Hosta-Open we expect each member
to behave in an adult manner and to show respect towards every member here.
If this has to be spelled out to anyone, they don't belong on Hosta-Open. We
hope each and every member  will help us to make Hosta-Open an enjoyable and
informational place to exchange ideas about hostas.

Advertising on Hosta-Open:

If a nursery owner writes an informative post about hostas we want them to
feel free to also tell us something about their nursery. Please limit
nursery information to five (5) lines at the very bottom of your message and
after your signature line. Any subject is allowed including hosta cultivars
for sale,  prices, directions to your nursery, links to your web page, how
your plants are grown, shipped, etc. Also include your e-mail address.

We want to encourage nursery owners to share their knowledge with the
members of Hosta-Open. Nursery owners, every new informative post is a
chance for you to get five(5) new lines of information to prospective

Happy Growing,

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7