Re: Hormones

Jim Hawes wrote:
> HoroRL@aol.com wrote:
> >
> high auxin concentrations INHIBITS growth of buds and high
> concentrations of cytokinins PROMOTES growth of buds( with all other
> factors being optimum or constant). Thus the balance (or ratio) between
> cytokinins and auxins is so very important in normal meristem growth.
> This is  one of the basic principles involved in development of the best
> protocols and techniques  of successful tc micropropagation.
> Jim Hawes
I think you have , here suggested the one thing I believe is over-riding
.  Something I should have mentioned at the Scientific talk.  That is
that a vigurous (the more so the better) plant is likely to respond to
other influnces, positivly.  If one anticipates working with a plant for
some of these results, special attention to processes ( fertlizer, soil
adements, watering)should be given at least a year in advance.