Re: Hormones

HoroRL@aol.com wrote:

> Jim:
>
> Thanks for the information about the vitamins and their uses in tissue
> culture.  When you sterilize a tc media, to what log reduction would you go
> for it to be considered sterile?  Also, what temperature do you use?  Are you
> concerned about vitamin B and its analogs thermoliability?

>Rich,

Protocol for sterilization of media is at least 15 minutes at 15 #/sq
in. pressure in cooker. Under these conditions some ingredients may
become destroyed or reduced in potency. For amateurs like me, I must
accept whatever happens because I do not have vacuum filter
sterilization equiptment. If I had such, I would add any ingredients
that may become destroyed by heat AFTER autoclaving.

What is this, a test? Your questions are becoming more and more
difficult!!!
I will have to ask Beth Arnold to help me out.

Jim