Re: Hosta-Open Advertising Policy and Golden Rule

Clyde wrote:

<<After reading the various posts from Giboshiman, I guess that I was in
violation of the IRS regulations when I was Editor of the Journal. If I am
indicted, prosecuted and found guilty, would you all send me some Pepperidge
Farm cookies and some anchovies to San Quentin? >>

Clyde, although I have not examined every page of every issue, to the best of
my knowledge you were not in violation while editor of the Journal, that was
part of my point.  The advertisements were paid for then as now and the hostas
being discussed in articles by persons not receiving direct benefit was
consistent with the purpose of 501(c) organizations allowing education of the
membership re: hostas.  Warren's articles do not now, nor when you were editor
say go buy hosta X from Joe for $20.

But there is a distinction which I will expand upon later, since it appears
that I did not get it across successfully.  I will try to get to the other
items as I go through the 140 pieces of e-mail I have started reviewing.