Re: Hosta Growth

I think what is needed here is a common-sense accommodation of kaleidoscopic

I have found that yearly amendments to the soil are beneficial.

Also, in creating an island or spot bed, I have found that using native soil
with a huge amount of Pro-Mix and other additives is conducive to great growth
of hostas.

BUT the secret to growing hostas to their full potential depends upon
fertilization and water. Use Miracid every two weeks--I think you will like
the results.Water so that the hostas receive 1" water per week.

Clyde Crockett z5