Re: Savory's Catalogue

In a message dated 2/9/99 0:12:07 AM EST, CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

<< Rec'd subject today. A nice, slick one with some great offerings.

 One question: They are offering Hosta 'Everglades', a sport of 'Gold
Standard'
 and have a color pic of it in the catalogue.
 It seems to me, based solely on the picture, that it is probably unstable.

 Anyone got any info on its stability? (Price is $200.)

Clyde, I don't know about the stability of 'Everglades', but what l saw of the
leaf I did not get that impression.  I stood beside Mr. Savory at the 97
convention, preparing leaves and he was getting 'Everglades' prepared.  I
thought it was one of the most beautiful leaves I had ever seen and came home
and made a record of it.
	I looked at it pretty close when later I went through the cut leaf exhibit.
Hoping that this might help.
	Regards,
	Gayle Kamp
 <A HREF="http://gem-enterprises.com/KampHostaGarden/">http://gem-