Re: Heresy do not read on.--Questions

Clyde, NO they will not look like Van Wade's which is my point. If you want
that, it cost big bucks and takes a lot of time. I am not saying something
is wrong with Van only that if you want to grow in your native soil with
relatively low maintenance then Pro-Mix will not help and organic matter will.
>If we use your method, can we expect to get hostas to grow as Wade's do?
>I have a problem with what is wrong with creating a big hole---is it that the
>native soil will creep back in?
>Since hostas will grow in practically any pH, what's wrong with using
>Sure, they will grow in heavy clay---but not as well in clay that has not
>(BTW, folks, Butch grows beautiful specimens. Maybe the secret, after all, is
>what Van Wade always said: The three things hostas need most are water,
>and water.)
>Nevertheless, I still advocate amendment with Pro-Mix and LARGE amounts of
>fertilizers and WATER.
>Clyde Crockett z5 (Stocking Up on Miracid & Pro-Mix & Praying for Rain Come
Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5