cooments 2 sports

Dear Hosta Fans

1. all data on sports in hosta are freely available to all in books.
journals etc.
2. The hosta wheel is an extended Benedict cross which shows all
related sports
3. My cultivar groups as appeared in my book was made for an entirely
other reason I wanted to find out about the inheritance of sports .
So I collected all data on sports. The difference is that not only
the original parent is given but also if it came straight or
indirectly from that parent . This is impossible to find in the hosta
wheels now the arrows are omitted, but essential to find out about
genetics. From my cultivar groups I deduced facts about leaf color
inheritance etc These facts are and will be presented to you
 I published in the AHJ about the inheritance of blue leaf color,
did give you a rule of thumb for sports in Hosta. I was also the
first to explain in an article the proper use of the word sport
now used by Warren Pollock Dave Stevenson for registration etc
Conclusion: the same freely available data were used at the same
time but for a completely different purpose.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands