Re: Pro Mix

At 01:34 PM 2/10/99 -0500, RonnieEA@aol.com wrote: "I've heard a lot about
ProMix and I'm not sure I know what it is.. Can anyone tell me without starting
another war ... >Ronnie
 Hey Ronnie...a good verbal-war, never-ever hurt anybody???...but leave the
sticks & stones at home eh!!! <g>

RE: PRO-MIX, and further to what Daniel Nelson wrote you...he's right by the
way...it is made of peat, perlite & vermiculite combinations, so I guess it is
soil-less huh?   EVERY mixture-type of PRO-MIX (BX, HP, PGX & NX) also contain:
Nutrients (macro & micro) slow-release; Dolomitic Limestone, Calcitic Limestone
and Wetting Agent.  HP (high porosity mix) contains course perlite, and no
vermiculite.  PGX contains fine peat & fine vermic, but no perlite, designed
for seedling plug-sowing.  NX contains no vermiculite, and has aged soft wood
Bark, designed for long-term crops.  BX is an all purpose mix, made of peat,
vermic, & perlite, as well as the other ingredients I mentioned, but has no
bark in it.

I know of Nurseries, having greenhouses covering acres of land; and by the way,
Canada's Largest Hosta Nursery uses PRO-MIX exclusively in their potting....so
it must be good stuff eh?  The Internet Address of this particular Nursery I'm
talking about is:

Hope this helps Ronnie?

Bill Nash
-------- no war today Ronnie...but how bout a quote, from somebody er other:
"Conflict is addictive as booze, tobacco & a good woman", er sum'pin like dat,
but Co-operation, we'z sad to report?...ain't!!!  HEY BUTCH...how U say dat LOL