Re: comment 4 references

In a message dated 2/11/1999 2:08:12 AM Central Standard Time,
zonneveld@rulbim.leidenuniv.nl writes:

<< Jh asks me to give a reference with each
 and every cultivar .He even could find some were I did
 not, Wow!. Everone could see that that is impossible Even
  the hosta clock as it seems to be called nowadays does
 not do that. On the other hand I give plenty of
 references in my book.  >>

Ben:

 First of all, your publication is not what we in the academy refer to as a
"book." It is neither a "monograph." It is perhaps a pamphlet?

You give very few references therein, in my opinion. I think it quite obvious
to one who is involved in academic writings that your "bibliography" is
woefully insufficient.

I think you should show your pamphlet to the chair of your department at
Leiden. Also the postings of Jim Hawes should be included, along with the
articles that Hawes wrote and published before your publication. I, for one,
should like very much to get the chair's reaction.

Sincerely,

Clyde Crockett z5