Re: Frost Heaved Hostas - I Wish!

In a message dated 2/14/1999 8:06:11 AM Central Standard Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

<< I purchased a
 Golden Teacup last year, it is no more.  Voles in a new area and they had a
 nice meal of GT.  It was next to the house so the soil was not frozen, I
 thought something looked not quite right and in digging in the area, there
 is nothing left except I one long root. >>
********
Beth,
Are you sure it was voles? I do not have a vole problem, but I planted a
number of hostas in a new bed. One of these was Golden Teacup(s?). Next spring
there was none of it to be found.It simply rotted away.The others did fine. I
think some hostas are inherently "weak," and maybe GT is one such. OR, perhaps
it had a fungus when I purchased it (at a fairly hefty price).

Does anyone else find it a good grower? It's a great little hosta in the pix I
have seen of it.
Clyde Crockett z5