Re: new book

In a message dated 2/18/1999 7:15:08 PM Central Standard Time,
wie1086@mail.harborcom.net writes:

<< I just purchased a book at the local Borders Outlet Store. It's called "
The
 Handy Garden Answer Book" by Karen Troshynski-Thomas. It is a question answer
 book that covers a lot of teritory. What I like about it is many of the
 questions I would never think of asking- in return giving refreshing new
ideas
 and info. Well worth the $4.99 price I paid.

 One thing that puzzles me. In the back under associations, the American Hosta
 Society address is 9448 Mayfield Rd. in Chesterland, Ohio. That would put it
 right about at Pete Ruh's place. Can someone fill in the blank?

Thanks much for the info.

The publishers must have gotten hold of an old Journal or other
reference==Pete was at one time the Membership Sec.

The name and address of Cindy Nance should be there;BUT, (and I find this
somewhat interesting from a legal point of view), the American Hosta Society
has incorporated. It must have a corporate address. Does anyone know what that
is? Does anyone know WHY it incorporated? Who are the Officers and Directors?

This is something I have been trying to find out, but I get no answers to my
inquiries. Members should know, for it costs $$$ to incorporate---not much,
but it is our money that is being spent on something that I questioned as
being beneficial.
I suppose this was done for tax reasons--but I have no idea what the reasons
were and are.

Clyde Crockett z5 <ccredux@aol.com>