Re: Heronswood Nursery

Ray W wrote:
> Lesch, Norman A. wrote:
>      Heronswood Nursery is here:
>      http://www.heronswood.com/
>      Thanks!
>      Norm Lesch
>      Manchester, MD
> I just checked out the Heronswood site. What a selection!!  I never
> knew there were so many Clematis (almost 3 screen fulls)
> Ray W z5

Dear Hosta-openers
  I think this is an important thing to tell anyone wishing to order
from Heronswood:
  I ordered from them last year. Some of the plants I ordered were very
vigorous and healthy.  Others were so miniscule, and the root systems so
underdeveloped they just couldn't survive.  Other plants, though
properly planted, didn't live more than a couple of months.
  If you find your plants are not as healthy as expected, or are
damaged, save your receipt, and if you are displeased with anything you
purchase, inform them immediately. Insist on credit or replacement.
Don't let them take advantage of you as a customer. They must know that
word-of-mouth is their best/worst advertising.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland, zone 5