Re: Re: New Name?

WIN I am perfectly well aware that the list owners allowed this debate to take place.  That was their right as list owners.  You want a free and open list, that's fine.  That includes my right to say that the debate has been a waste of time and space. Contrary to what you apparantly believe, free speech does not only apply to those who agree with you.
 It does not matter in the least if we are now all convinced that plagarism took place, or that there was a conspiracy to cover it up.  It doesn't even matter if we are all now convinced that the current AHS board were on the grassy knoll in Dallas.
Why?  Because our being convinced of it makes no difference.
Don't like the current AHS board? Run against them.  If you can convince enough voting members that you can do a better job, or that your opponants have done something unethical, you'll get them out of office.
Think that Ben committed plagarism?  Been 20 years since I was in an academic setting, but I seem to remember there are suitable remedies to that.  Prove it to somebody that matters, like the appropriate review comittee at his university.  They are a lot better equipped to decide on the matter than we are, and can do something about it if they are convinced.
Whining about how terrible things are to a bunch of people who already agree with you does nothing constructive, and I doubt it even does all that much to relieve the frustration, as it just becomes a self reinforcing cycle.

Bob Campbell
USDA 4
Southern Ontario

.For your information Robert, the HOSTA-OPEN LIST-OWNERS allowed an open debate on the "plagiarism question" for the very purpose of getting to the bottom of the plagiarism issue.  This Plagiarism debate was outlawed on another Robin which suggests a cover-up; and was therefore, allowed on 'Hosta Open' for the very purpose (getting to the bottom of this?) <<---IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH TO YOU BOB?  I'm not too impressed by your statement "stop whining about it in a public forum" particularly when, the list owners themselves called on this debate to settle it.  And particularly when, I only saw factual statements coming from MR. Hawes.  If you prefer "Hosta only words typed at you Robert?" I'd suggest,  you go to that OTHER Robin and stay there!

The matter related to plagiarism by Ben Zonneveld, was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt; and if, you had bothered to read any of Jim's data  presented, you would have seen this Robert!  Do you know what "Applegate" refers to?

The question as to whether or not BZ committed plagiary, is no longer the issue here!  The question now is: "WHAT AHS HIERARCHIAL CONSPIRACY WAS IN ALLIANCE WITH BEN ZONNEVELD?" for the very purpose of satisfying AHS needs/wants of a re-write on the Benedict Cross & Artist's Palette Clanning & Wheel concepts already published before Ben took his pen out; in order that, these writings would fall in line with AHS Hierarchy "cultivar-grouping wants & requirements opposed to clanning" and under AHS registration needs/wants pertaining to....

no·men·cla·tor (no¹men-klâ´ter) noun
One who assigns names, as in scientific classification.

[Latin nomenclâtor, a slave who accompanied his master to tell him the names of people he met, variant of nomenculâtor : nomen, name + calâtor, servant, crier (from calâre, to call).]

hosta sincerely
William Nash Guelph Ontario Canada

.