From: Glen Williams <gw1944@VERMONTEL.COM>
To: AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM <AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM>
Date: Saturday, February 20, 1999 8:46 AM
Subject: Crown/Bud Confusion

I find myself somewhat confused about buds and crowns. Can a leaf bundle
arising from a single bud (also having some root structure) be legitmately
called a crown? The axillary buds near the base of each leaf which will
produce a similar/identical leaf  which Dan alludes to, are these at a
stage where they merely fill out a crown  or are they at some time
considered potential crowns, other than through separation and growth.
Sorry for the wordiness and confusion.
At the moment I can not find that list of definitions in the Journal
created by CHF. We use the term crown a great deal especially in the sale
of hostas. I am having trouble with the specifics. Thought I knew...wrong
again.

Glen Williams Zone 5a   Springield , Vermont.