HOSTA BLOOM & CUTLEAF SHOW - PHOTO REQUEST

Hello All,

The Western New York Hosta Society is proud to announce our HOSTA BLOOM
AND CUTLEAF SHOW to be held on June 19, 1999 at the Buffalo Museum of
Science during the Marchand International Horticulture Conference. This show
is
promising to be HUGE!!

As part of the Educational Division, we are planning a display of Photos
of Hosta Blooms, and the WNYHS requests PHOTO entries from YOU.

PLEASE go through your collection of hosta slides and digital images and
regular photos and choose the HOSTA BLOOMS which you can identify with a
cultivar or species name. Then, send the prints to WNYHS for disply in the
Show. We'd like to display mounted photos, no larger than 8 X 10, but since
this section is for educationl purposes only, we'll be *flexible* with the
requirements.

Contact me and I'll send you the rest of the details.  Everyone is welcome to
participate!!

Wait! There's more!

The Education Division will also have three JUDGED categories of hosta
photos! I will send out a posting on the judged competition shortly, and
you can visit our website   http://www.geocities.com/~wnyhs for an outline of
the rules for the event. Additional information and a copy of the rules can be
obtained by e-mailing me (privately please) at
LjatsoH@aol.com

Go through last year's treasures and/or get out the cameras!! This is a
great opportunity to show the public the diversity of Hosta's beautiful
blooms, gorgeous foliage, and their uses in the garden!

Best Regards,

Lori Johnson
WNYHS