Re: Castor oil treatment

In a message dated 2/25/99 9:51:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, dbwatt@airnet.net
writes:

<< Advertisers are also touting the sonic transmitters for pest repellant.
Any experience with those things?

I can tell you about sonic transmitters.. I used to do a lot of fly fishing
for trout which meant spending many hours in the streams in Minnesota and
Wisconsin where the mosquito is KING  -  or QUEEN of the woods..  The fishing
supply store carried them one year for about $30.00 and me and my fishing
buddy both bought them thinking we had at last found the perfect solution for
those dratted mosquitos... This thing was guaranteed to do the job - that is
to keep the mosuitos not only off of you, but virtually out of the area since
the high pitch, which was inaudible to the human ear, actually damaged the
mosquitos and kept them away...  Well, you can just about guess how this thing
ended up..  We had more mosquitos with those things on our belt than ever..
Still to this day I believe the mosquitos  and knats thought that was the
dinner bell we were ringing..

So be careful and make sure you can get your money back if you buy one of
these sonic repellers..

Ronnie

Hosta - La - Viesta