Re: Hostas in pots

In a message dated 01/01/2000 5:21:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
EntICE11@aol.com writes:

<< As far as Hostas in pots, Us up north would have to either take them out
 every winter and bury them. Bury the pots in something to insulate for the
 winter. Or they would not survive. >>

For 40 years I have been covering my pots with either salt Marsh Hay or pine
needles and seldom lose a pot. I do not tilt them. The only other thing I do
is put bottles of mole bait around. It works for me in cold New England.

Barbara Jones
Z4b/5