safety labels

For all those who have been concerned about labels, no matter what
kind of label you get or how good it is, it will eventually get
stomped on, broken, frost heaved, moved, mowed over, chewed up by a
weed eater or deteriorate.

What I do is take a 12 to 15 inch wood stake, pound it into the ground
until only an inch is exposed.  Then I take a regular plastic nursery
label and write on it with a Sharpie pen.  The label then goes into
the ground right behind the wood stake until it is totally below
ground.  The plastic label doesn't deteriorate and the Sharpie ink
doesn't fade and the wood stake prevents it from frost heaving.  The
little bit of wood stake sticking above ground is unobtrusive, but yet
easily lets you know where the label is.  This is not for labeling a
display garden where you want the names to be easily seen, but rather
as a "backup" so to speak in case something happens to the display

I'm getting tired of all these people on radio and TV saying welcome
to the new millennium, the best songs of the last century, and on and
on.  The new millennium and century doesn't start for another 364
days!  Oh well.

Joe Halinar