Re: Garden Addictions ...

At 08:57 AM 1/1/00 EST, you wrote:

>Also, bought the Fine Gardening with Tony Avent's article in it.  I got the
>feeling that they probably butchered his writing for publication, it didn't
>have the flavor of his writing.  But I do love the magazine, lots of
>pictures, I may subscribe.
>
>Narda

Narda, If I only could have one gardening magazine, it would probably be
this one (fortunately I don''t have to stick to just one).  Close
runners-up would be Kitchen Garden (also by Taunton Press) and Carolina
Gardener.

 I've been an Organic Gardener subscriber since the 60's, would you
believe..back in the days when they occasionally recommended burying nails
and surrounding your garden with wire to attract electromagnetic waves. I
still like the mag, but don't immediately sit down and devour it like I do
FG....Just too much beginner info for me. I want articles like Tony's, not
articles on how wonderful hostas are that use albo-marginata as their example.

Gerry