Re: Fwd: Metro Mix (Was:Re: Pro-mix (Was: Re: baking dirt))

RBRSSR@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 01/05/2000 6:35:03 AM Central Standard Time,
> jlanier@yancey.main.nc.us writes:
> << Hello Ray. just to add my 2 cents worth etc. I have used Fafard #2 Mix >>
> Your thoughts are very much appreciated.  Part of my problem is it seems that
> when people recommend certain products, they are not always available in
> everyone's area.  If they are, it isn't always known where to purchase them.
> Where do you buy the Fafard products from?

Hi Ray, I get it from a local nursery; I only need a relatively few bag,
and they buy it by the tractor trailer load etc. I think my  point would
be this, however. This brand, or that brand is not relevant. I think
that almost anything you can get at even a Mall Garden Center (we have
Lowe's and Home Depot here for example) will work fine; always has for
me. I buy from this local nursery only because the guy is welling to
sell it to me for the price he pays for it. I actually haven't checked
to see if it's that much cheaper than the mall. Just look a the
"contents" on the bag. If the contents are not listed, then call somebody.

 Is that a company name or brand
> name?

I know it is at least a product name, because that's what is on the
label. As with most of these types of products, at least in North
Carolina, this one is "distributed" by a company, far removed from the
manufacturer. If you would like for me to, I will go to a bit of trouble
and find out exactly what you want to know.

I can search, but are you aware if they have an internet site?

Don't know.  JML