NEW STUFF

We went to the Maryland Nurseryman's show yesterday and found a couple
of things of interest.

First, from Q&Z, I asked about Zillis's book and the lady at the booth
said it should be available very soon but will only be available from
Q&Z, not in bookstores. I don't know if this is true or why, but that's
what she said.  She also said that she thought it would be available at
wholesale from them, and if so I will get some copies for sale.

The second thing I fould that might be of interest is a product called
Repellex systemic tablets which contain a chemical reputed to be the
most bitter tasting substance known.   We've seen information on this
product before, and it is supposed to be the most effective deer
repellent on the market, but I didn't know that it came in tablets that
are systemic, which means that the roots and rhizome taste bad too.
They apparently last for up to two years and have some fertilizer
incorporated.  The guy assured me that they really work, and if you
can't trust a salesman, who can you trust?  Actually, we've heard some
good things about the spray for deer, but don't know anyone who has used
the tablets.  Cost is just under 40 cents per tablet and it looks like
2-3 per plant would be necessary.

There was also an awesome display of Bobcats that my wife won't let me
have.

Chick