Re: LET'S STREAK SEED EXPLOITATION done by Carolyn Shaffner

I'm sorry, I'm interested in learning as much about hostas (and many
other types of plants) and growing them as well as possible, ultimately
sharing them with others around me, and I don't pay much attention to
details otherwise--most of the other things go right over my head.

I've pretty much got my plate full, trying hard to landscape my two
acres (current projects the compost pit/heap, a new water garden,
pathways in the "back 40", which is a heavily wooded area cut by three
shallow gulleys over which I must put my paths and bridges (preparatory
to growing more and more HOSTAS)--all with a minimum of money (I use
lots of "available materials," and being president of the two Oklahoma
Hosta Societies (jobs I didn't seek; but am willing to handle because
I'm very enamored with this best of plants and want to see them
everywhere, and I have great support in both groups).  I belong to both
Phoenix and hosta-open because although VERY different in nature, both
have valuable and helpful input and all types of participants, good,
bad, and indifferent (and many who are in both), just as in society as a
whole.

I realize it is very important to guard our freedoms; I spent a good
portion of my earlier life fighting exploitation and trying to "right
wrongs" in various forms--the major result being to keep myself upset
(to quote someone during one of those many battles, "My head is bloody
from just the sort of thing you're fighting,")--and am very well aware
that there are people much better able to do that than I--I seem to be a
"babe in the woods" in that I don't understand a lot that goes on and
tend to believe the best of intentions in everyone.  I do know that the
teaspoon of seeds sent to me was the ONLY one.

I'm learning a lot in very many ways and am now going outside to "grub
in the ground," that most peaceful and therapeutic exercise.

Betsy