Re: Weed Control. Or 'How did you spend your Saturday?'

In a message dated 01/09/2000 7:19:13 PM Central Standard Time,
sussextreeinc@ce.net writes:

<<
 Roundup calls for 2.75 ounces per gallon. I used 4 ounces per gallon.
 Surflan calls for 3 ounces per 1000 square feet. I followed directions.

 I mixed 4 gallons at a time using 16 ounces of Roundup and 3 ounces of
 Surflan. It took 9 four gallon back packs full and about 6 hours of
 time.

 And I only sprayed the areas with weeds!>>

 The more round up you use the less effective it is.

At much higher concentrations than the recommended amount the effective
ingredients in round up will shut down the growth of the plant thus negating
the toxic effect.

Most herbicides cause the plant to "grow" it's self to death.

Paul