Re: Fragrant Flame fertility.

At 06:22 PM 01/09/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone used Fragrant Flame in their hybridizing efforts?
>Does it set seed easily or at all?
It is a plant I have had (mine) for years.  It has always stayed streaked.
I had it TC, because it never burned, and looked good right into Nov.  When
I got the TC material back, some has pure white centers.  Now in their
second year, these (with the white centers) hold up very well without the
center deterioration so common on light medio variegated Hostas.  In
addtion the bloom scapes are deep purple with bright red brachts, and
purple blooms.  You look at them, and just can't believe the color!  I have
had no seed set on the plants from TC, and the original clump, was in to
much shade to bloom.  I have not tried the pollen.  Charles Tuttle has one
and will be doing some "work" with it (I hope) this year.  I will post a
picture of the streaked form with the bloom, and the white centered "stable