SnowDrops trying to bloom...in Upstate NY

Dear Fellow HostaHOLICS   \(^o^)/

Just wanted to send a friendly note out to you all to share an observance
from taking down the C'mas lights...As we were tip toeing around the plant
labels and trying not to step directly on the Hosta "Pips" already visible on
the Plantagineas, we were shocked to see all of the more mature clumps of
Snow Drops already extending their little buds up above their foliage!

This has been a really strange winter so far here in the Capital District
Region (Albany Area) of New York...we usually are spared the Lake Effect
snows the Central and Western part of the state gets (and this year has been
typical for many of them....) but by now we have usually had a few good Nor'
Easter's coming up the Atlantic Coast...but not this year!
By now we should be averaging 2 or more feet of snow but instead we have had
less than 2 inches of accumulation from all our flurries!  Even the
temperatures have been on the warm side...getting up in the mid forty's today
and low sixties last weekend!  Even the turf still looks green out the family
room window!!

Maybe we'll have an early spring...NOT.   By the time the frost gets out of
the soil around here it will be Memorial Day...

Hope you all are enjoying the New Year!
Dave Jennings,
Upstate NY Hosta Society
Zone 4/5