| Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:54:23" />

"surprise'surprise'SURPRISE" = EXCLUSIVE Ransom'EAGLE'S *AUCTION* beings right now..

Thanks to the kind-hearted nature of Ransom Lydell, owner of EAGLE BAY
HOSTA NURSERIES in Dunkirk, New York.  Website at:

"please take note of the following"
1... Everyone is invited to make one bid per day per item listed below?
2... Send bids to: "Bob Axmear" <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
3... Bob Axmear, will post the highest bid on a daily basis, if possible?
4... This AUCTION shall run for one full week?
5... Ransom Lydell will mail the seed to winning bidders, directly from his
'Eagle's Nest' (home?) perched high-up & overlooking the cliffs & shores of
Lake Erie.

TO WHIT: The rare hosta seed items listed below? ..are in fact so rare!
...they are probably not available from any other source on this planet...

Proceeds from this *exclusive ranpa'EAGLE'S seed-auction* goes towards the
expansions of Internet Connections for Gardening Connoisseurs everywhere,
via Bob Axmear's computer talents?

ITEM #1 CONS 94 101 (Red)
Red Petioles
   "     Scapes
   "     pods
   "     vestigel leaves (red streaking)
In addition to the above, the parent plant has streaked leaves, and
produces streaked "offspring" and---the seed came from a broadly "crested"
20 + seeds
expected germination rate 70 to 80 %

ITEM #2 Lachman # 82-41-3
Rare Lachman "Breeder"
Offspring from this plant , include Crazy Quilt! It has a tendency to
produce highly streaked , small, cupped, heavy substance plants. a high
number have a lot of blue.>
 >20 + seeds
Expected germination rate 70 %

ITEM #3 CONS 94-21 f1 #2
Super Bloomer (streaked)
One of the heaviest and prettiest blooming plants in the garden. this is
the first time any seed has been sold.
10 + seeds
Expected Germination rate 80%

ITEM #4 Bravo F1 Streaked Breeder
the parent here has bright pink scapes
Has shown a high percentage of streaked "offspring"
25 + seeds
Expected germination rate 80 - 90 %

ITEM #5 Van Wade # 5-372-92 F2
Rare Van Wade breeder (offspring)
A wide range of unusual plants are showing up from this stock this seed is
a mix from plants in the block, that have not had their seed offered
anywhere before.
15 + seeds
Expected germination rate 60 %

ITEM # 6 Neat Splash f1
Very heavy bloomer, with wide cream streaks. good record for variegated
50 + seeds
Expected germination rate 70 %

ITEM # 7 Eventide F1
Seed form a rare "streaked " plant, it is quite new, and has not got much
of a track record yet.
40 + seeds
Expected germination rate 60 %

ITEM # 8 Candle Glow F1
This material; has been producing some outstanding , highly streaked
material. 'Superfection' is from this stock.
40 + seeds
expected germination rate 50 - 60 %
"there are no quarantees on resulting progeny obtained from the above seeds"

On behalf of eveyone assembled here, I would like to send a warm
quad'ZILLION'millenium'THANKS to EAGLE'ran'pa?  AND if anyone is wondering
what "Ran'pa" means? ...well, a long long time ago, I personally was
kidnapped as a child on the streets of Buffalo, while checking out contents
of garbage cans ..smuggled over & dropped off in Canada!  In order to
reclaim my rightful heritage, Katey & Ransom adopted me back into the USA,
as their "SONNY'boy",  but every time I go to cross the border, I get sent
back, because they say I cannot take a whole car-full of Sleeman's Honey
Brown beer with me.  After drinking it all, Canada starts
looking  pp'pretty gg'goood, so I ferget 'bout moving.  True story!
...believe it or not?

As an added bonus, BIDDING CAN BEGIN IMMEDIATELY, and I would like to make
the first bid however, I won't spoil if for U'all ...by doing so!  :))

Let the bidding begin ..hope y'all have fun & enjoy?

thanx again Ran'Pa
ps... give Ma'Katey a nice Canuky nose-rub from Sonny :( okidoky?
             and WOWwowWOW ..was it (sunny) today! ...in Florida that is?
..er so I've heard from <hawesj@atlantic.net> (Wizard of Awe's) who be down
there gettin'suntan.  I was gonna go down there with Jim, to be his Cabana
Bouy ..but again! ...I could not take the beer across, so I'm getting used
to using snow as the beer cooler.  Our igloos feel pretty warm too! ..after
a few?

hope y'all enjoy, RE (Ran's Eagle) AUCTION?