Re: Pesky deer in Rebecca's garden

In a message dated 01/15/2000 9:20:35 AM Central Standard Time,
sunkat@netnitco.net writes:

<< Last week I saw a deer wandering around to our end of town (well out of
his normal territory).  So we took to discussing the abundance of deer and
the declining natural habitat.  >>

I do not know about the "declining natural habitat" and what effect it has of
deer being in the yard.
But I do know that deer love people and there population is many times higher
now than when it was three hundred years ago.

In city/urban environments you can have deer populations as high as 70 deer
per square mile, while in the "wild" the population might be 10 in good habit.

I am all in favor of returning the deer population to it's pre 1700s level!!!!

Paul