Re: critters on my seedlings

In a message dated 1/16/00 3:27:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, BBROWNJ@aol.com

<< Get a home and garden ready mixed spray can, preferably one with Orthene
 pyrethrum in it>Put the flat in a plastic bag. Give a few squirts into the
 plastic bag. Then tie securely,and leave out of sun for several hours. May
 have to repeat in a week.The fumes should make quick work of the aphids.
 Barbara Jones >>

Barbara and All, I have a question about the insect controls that are sold at
hardware stores which look like a slotted cardboad holder which has a strip
of yellow waxy material inside.  The little holder is about nine inches long
and maybe one inch thick.

A couple of years ago we had a box of gerbil food in the pantry that was moth
infested.  Talk about your nightmares, the larvae were crawling up the walls
and had infested everythin before I had a clue as to what was going on.  I
called the bird store and the nice lady who owns the place recommend these as
a deterrent, safe for near food.  She hangs them inside all the food bins to
eliminate this problem.  How would this work if you hung a couple of these
little pest controls near the seedlings on the plant rack of shelf?  I have
also seen these controls placed inside a clear plastic bag and a mini
greenhouse set up with the plants inside to clear up insects on infested

If anyone is interested I can go to the local hardware store to see what the
brand is, I don't have a box in the house at this time.  Now I keep one in
the laundry room or anywhere else that infested pet foods might be located.

Has anyone else tried this product?  I would think that it would work in the
greenhouse situations too.