Bap 10

I would like to discuss the above subject, especially in relation to Ed
Elslager's articles in the most recent AHS Hosta Journal.    I do hope
everyone has their journal by now.  I received my copy at the Chicago
meeting this past weekend.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, there are terms in Mr. Elslager's article
that I am only somewhat familiar with and would like to educate myself more
adequately so I might be comfortable with these terms.  I read and reread
the article with my botany dictionary at my side.  Problem:  Once you look
up enough terms and then are confronted with the term again you begin to
wonder which definition you read in regard to it.  I feel, as with anything,
you are more apt to remember a word, or term, when you use it often.  Like
with any word or term we learn as we become educated, thought is not
necessary when we hear it because it is familiar and we simply accept it.

I am not at home and do not have my journal here so if anyone on line wants
to start, please step in.  There are many terms in the article, IMO, that
are worth discussing.  I would also like to know who has purchased BAP 10
and intends to use it?  I purchased a four ounce bottle and intend to use it
on selected hosta.  Namely, my own introduction so I might begin sales in
the year 2001.  I also have a few other slow growers in my garden that I
feel warrant this treatment.  I am presently making a list of those hostas.
I intend to use the 1000 dilution dosage.  That is as soon as I figure out
how much of the cytokinin to use.  I am also not good with terms such as
milliliter.  Where do I look for a conversion chart to ounces?

Now, one other thing, please keep your responses in laymen's terms so we can
all understand the discussion.  It is easy to read a definition from a
dictionary but to explain that definition might take some doing.  In my
case, I sometimes feel I am at kindergarten level without the advantage of a
young mind.  This may take some thought on the part of those with degrees in
hort, biology, or botany,  but please bear with those of us who are just
learning or have little knowledge of these terms.  We also need those
educated in this terminology to explain or discuss these definitions.

I also realize this may not be a short term undertaking but over the long
term, for those who have an interest, hopefully this will be of benefit to
many of us.  I hope others feel compelled to discuss this topic with me.
Thank you.
Beth Arnold
Peoria Illinois  Zone 5