Re: Bap 10

1 to 1000 refers to a dilution rate.  The 1 and the 1000 are multiples of the
same volume.  To get a 1 to 1000 dilution, you could mix 1 ounce of anything
with 1000 ounces of something else, or one ml with 1000 ml, or one gallon with
1000 gallons. It is not the amount that matters, it is the proportion. What you
are doing is mixing one measurement - ounce, millimeter, gallon, drop, teaspoon,
or anything else - of one thing, with 1000 of the same measurement of another
thing.

Chick