Re: Bap 10

>According to my figures , 1 to 1000 ratio would work
>as follows 1/4 teaspoon to 5 cups minus 3 tablespoons
>and 1 teaspoon. Someone check this, please.

That is mixing up a LOT of diluted working solution.  The concentrated
form is stable, the diluted working solution isn't as stable.  For the
typical backyard gardener you will only need to mix up maybe 100 ml at
best, more likely less.  Just get an eye dropper and a plastic 1 oz
measuring container from a garden supply store (used for measuring
insecticides, etc), figure out how many drops it takes to fill the
measuring container (use one oz bathroom plastic cups if need be) and
then it's easy to figure out how many drops to use to get the dilution
you want.

You don't want a 1 to 1,000 dilution as that is only 100 ppm.  The
dilution should be about 1 to 100, a 1,000ppm concentration.

Joe Halinar