Re: Bap 10

The original question, if I recall, regarded diluting a solution 1 to
1000.  When you add in parts per million, ppm, you are complicating the
question because you have to know the parts per million of the original
solution.  If the original solution is 10 ppm and you wanted a 5 ppm
working solution, you would dilute it by adding an equal amount of water
or whatever the diluting agent is.

This isn't all that complicated, and in dealing with dilutions of the
magnitude BAP-10 requires, I don't think you even have to be terribly
accurate.  It's really very logical if you think about what you are
trying to do, make a strong solution weaker by adding water to it.  If a
solution is 10 times stronger than you want it to be, you add enough
water so that the the original solution is only one tenth of the diluted
result.

Think about what you are doing and stop worrying about how much a
millimeter is. This isn't chemistry, it's simply multiplying and
dividing.

Chick