Re: Value for money

>The Hosta journal should contain articles about Hosta...

I think I found something I can agree with you on 100%.  I haven't
joined the hosta society because when I see the Journal I don't really
see much that really interests me.  I get more from this robin then I
can get from the Journal.  I know some people like the garden
write-ups, but it seems that such articles over dominate the Hosta
Journal.  We have the same problem in the daylily society, actualy,
it's probably even worse as there is an active snobbish elitist
element in the society that actively complain anytime a "scientific"
artricle is published.  The Hosta society doesn't seem to be quite as

The lack of a publication by any plant society that fails to promote
the plant and maily promotes the society is doomed to mediocrity and
eventully growth comes to a stop.  Eventually, someone will start a
new publication that does concentrate on the plant, but it is
difficult to make it a success, so I hope the new hosta publication
works out.  Have you seen the new TB iris publication, called Tall
Orders, if I remember correctly?  What a nice publication- worth
reading and full of information.  Unfortunately, I'm not interested in
TB irises, but this magazine should be a model for a lot of other

Joe Halinar